Friday, May 17, 2024

Congratulations Tiny One!

Someone graduated nursing school this year.

The last time I saw her graduate was when she finished her K-8 school moving on to high school. She graduated high school in 2020... nobody attended that one. I was thrilled to see she was going to attend my old college for nursing school.

Though, the Geography department is on the north end of north campus, on the far end of everything. Their departments graduation was in a tiny little building off to the side. The school of nursing is on south campus, and takes up a lot more space. Their graduation consumed the alumni arena.

Fair enough. Though during her time on campus she was able to find and photograph my hidden graffiti. Unfortunately the building it was in was closed during my visit, so I wasn't able to do the same.

Whatever.

She's a first generation college grad, and already had a job lined up at Johns Hopkins. No connections, no family ties, just pure determination. I can't even tell you how proud I am of her.

I do not show my teeth when I smile and when I try I just look like a kitten that's trying too hard.


No comments: