Monday, May 6, 2024

Headphones

All through college, I carried earbuds. I went through maybe half a dozen pair, all wired (it was ages ago) so they would get tangled in my pockets every time. They were convenient, and they kept my music private, and that's where it ended. When I graduated, the last pair I had went into a drawer in my desk. I lost track of them.

At home, I had a bulky pair of headphones selected because they had high quality and were wireless. I worked nights, so when I had time off work I was wide awake all night, and they kept whatever I was listening to to myself. I left night shift almost 9 years ago, and after moving twice and rearranging things more than that, I put them in a drawer and haven't used them since.

I tried to use a pair of earbuds about a year or so ago, when I was on my bike. The sound quality was garbage and I would rather listen to static. Tossed them out. 

Then I was gifted a set of those wireless earbuds. No, I don't use fruit-named technology, so I have a much wider range of options. I tried them out and, oddly, I was surprised. The quality was better than the desk based bulky ones I used to wear. But... they're tiny. So very tiny. 

I still don't know how they got good bass into a teeny little thing.

No comments: