Saturday, July 8, 2023

Familiar faces, unfamiliar places.

My gym opens at 5 on weekdays. Since work starts at 7, I usually get there pretty much right at 5. 

Yes, I'm a morning person. Always have been.

But the gym opens at 7 on Saturdays, and that always feels weird. 7am, I'm normally long done. So many Saturdays, weather permitting, I'll go to the park near my house. It has a pretty long trail on the lake. I've been coming to this park since my parents were strapping me into a car seat, I love this park. But on these early Saturdays I've started to notice things. Or rather, I've started to recognize them.

The people from the gym. Also there in the wee hours of the morning. Not many of them, no. You can really only do cardio on the trail, but the ones that are always doing a lot of cardio are the ones I've started to recognize. 

My idea was not as unique as I expected.

No comments: