Monday, July 31, 2023

Gardon't

My mom asked me what I was getting out of my garden so far. My answer: frustration with the local wildlife.

I planted eight cherry tomato plants, six have been destroyed. I planted six roma tomato plants, two have been destroyed. Whatever is getting past my fence also destroyed all of my sweet peppers, eaten over half of my zucchini, and all my radishes.

I had zero problems with critters last year, so this is a surprise. All the traps and repellents in the world aren't working. More to the point, I don't actually know what is doing this. My wife caught a groundhog sulking around in my back yard, but on another occasion I saw something jump out of the garden bed, but I was too far away to see what it was.\

I couldn't blame it all on rabbits, as much as I want to.

I need a backyard fox.

No comments: